Join us on a 3-mile downwind standup paddle run on Maui’s north shore with The Butterfly Effect crew!
I tagged along with my friend JT (a multi-time Ironwoman) at this awesomely fun event for women and girls here on Maui’s north shore last weekend. The Butterfly Effect is a nonprofit run by Tatiana Howard – a pro kite surfer, SUPer and windsurfer. She puts on “Be The Effect” events all around the world as a way to give back to the community and inspire a new generation of water women to grow their skills and confidence and care for the environment. Sadly my GoPro fell off my board just as the race was starting however Tati has a great video here you can enjoy!
Secret Cameraman Shane was there as our support and camera crew. One of Maui’s top pro water and sports photographers – Erik Aeder – shared some his before and on the water shots with us. We met at the end of the race by “coincidence” and shared a ride back to the starting line to get cars. Check out his work – it is beautiful, and book an underwater portrait session with him next time you are on Maui!
Just when I thought I was out of juice near the end of the three miles, I did manage to smoke past two young butterflies. Look closely near the end of our episode for the photo finish! Which of course is nothing considering JT took 5th overall! Mind you, it wasn’t really a race – more of a stroll – and everyone had such a lovely day on the stunningly beautiful water on Maui’s North Shore.
Be in Touch!
- Subscribe in iTunes so you won’t miss a single episode! Please leave a comment while you’re there!
- Be sure to Join Our Email List and be part of the Beachwalks ʻohana!
- Call the Conch line via skype:roxannedarling or 1-949-544-1456 and share your thoughts.
- Like us on Facebook and join the Beach Walks community.
- Our wonderful theme music is from The Ukulele Experiment